It can be hard to know what to wear when you are exercising in the cold weather. You will want to stay warm in order to fend off the cold weather.
However, you will simultaneously want to stay cool so that you do not overheat.
As a result, you will need to find clothes that are both capable of keeping you warm and are breathable when running.
To help you find this balance, we have listed the best articles of clothing for men.
OUR TOP PICK
When you are looking for winter running clothes, the best way to start is with your bottom layer. To keep yourself warm, this thermal top will be excellent for cold weather.
It also has a layer of fleece for added warmth and comfort. It comes in a range of colors, meaning you can find the one that works best for you.
- Fleece-Lined Fabric - for additional warmth, the shirt has a layer of fleece.
- Range Of Colors - find your preferred color. This will make you look dashing when you are running.
- 4-Way Stretch - spandex has been added to this shirt so that it can fit your body shape. This tight-fitting material will keep you warm and will let you show off your exercise gains.
- Thin Material - though it has features that improve its warmth, the materials of this shirt are thin. As a result, it should merely be a base layer when you are running in the cold. Ideally, wear an outer layer over this shirt.
While you may be able to get away with wearing shorts and tights in the warm weather, thicker jogging bottoms will be better for the winter.
They are made from the perfect material, which is lightweight, breathable, and toasty.
- Stretchy Material - giving your legs a full range of movement, these joggers are made from a stretchy material.
- Sweat-Wicking - absorbing your sweat, you do not have to worry about your clothes becoming wet when running or working out.
- Inner Layer - this soft and comfortable layer on the inside will trap your body heat.
- Loose Fuller Cut - this is a breathable cut for your joggers.
- Ribbed Cuffs May Be Too Tight - some customers may find these joggers difficult to put on thanks to these tighter cuffs.
Wearing accessories, such as gloves and hats, is a great idea in the cold weather.
This will help you feel warmer and will protect areas of your body that are hard to keep warm with standard clothes.
These Nike gloves are well-suited to running. They have lots of great features, including:
- Therma-Fit Fabric - not only will this fabric make you warm, but it is extremely breathable. This makes it ideal for use in exercise situations.
- Soft-Fleece Lining - even in wet or cold conditions, your hands will feel toasty thanks to this fleece lining.
- Touch Screen Compatibility - when wearing these gloves, you can still use your touch screen. This is due to the silicon tips of the thumb and forefinger, which are conductive. As a result, you will not have to expose your hands to cold temperatures.
- Articulations - this glove is anatomically correct to your hand, meaning it will fit in there. Furthermore, this gives your hand a wide range of movements.
- Expensive - compared to other running gloves, these gloves are quite costly. This is a consequence of the famous brand and the large number of features that these gloves have.
Last but not least, you will want to protect your feet when running in cold weather.
Aside from high-quality shoes, you will also want socks with extra protection. These socks from Smartwool are excellent examples of socks for the cold weather.
- 3 Different Colors - these winter socks are available in 3 different colors, namely black, Neptune blue, and alpine blue. Consequently, you will be able to find the design that you prefer.
- Ultimate Impact Protection - the cushioning on the foot and heel will protect your feet when they impact against the ground.
- Body-Mapped Mesh - this mesh results in these socks being breathable when you are running.
- Limited Sizing - these socks are only available for purchase in a few sizes. If your feet are quite small, these will not be the best socks for you.
Once you have made your way through this list, you will now be in a position to start buying cold-weather running clothes.
However, there are a handful of factors that you should contemplate first.
Running clothes can be quite costly, particularly if you are buying a known brand.
Though these brands assure a certain level of quality in your clothing, the increased price may put some customers off.
If you do not want to spend too much money on running gear, consider setting yourself a budget.
Bear in mind that this budget may have to cover a wide range of items, including a hoodie/ jacket, gloves, and jogging bottoms.
Running clothes should be comfortable, particularly if you are exercising in the cold.
Therefore, you should look into how comfortable an item is before buying it. For instance, if it has a fleece layer, it is likely to be very comfortable.
The designs and appearances of running clothes will vary. This includes coming in a range of colors and patterns.
If you have a specific look that you want to uphold, then you will be more limited in what items you are willing to wear.
Arguably, the most important feature you will need to look out for when buying running clothes for cold weather is the warmth of a product.
Otherwise, you will become too cold when you are running.
If your body is not well protected, you could suffer from temperature-based illnesses.
This can range from mild effects, such as drying out your skin. In extreme cases, this could cause hypothermia.
To prevent this from becoming an issue, look for products that have fleece lining or thermal layers.
These items will be better suited to facing the cold and will protect your body.
Sweat Or Water Resistance
When you are exercising, you will generate a lot of sweat. The reason for this is that it is a method of keeping your body cool.
As a result, it can be a good idea to find running clothes that are sweat-wicking.
These materials will absorb your sweat. In addition, you should consider buying water-resistant clothing.
These items of clothing will be better able to handle rain or snow. In addition, they will dry quickly, meaning that washing them is much simpler.
Therefore, these are two factors to be aware of when you are shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should Men Wear When Running In Extreme Cold?
It is important for men to wear a lot of layers when they are running in the cold.
This should include both base layers and outer layers. Items of clothing should include running tops, hoodies, jackets, hats, gloves, tights, jogging bottoms, socks, and trainers.
To combat the cold, a lot of these layers should be thermal. You should avoid shorts and short-sleeve tops.
Do You Run Slower In The Cold?
Yes, you may notice that your speed is decreasing when you are running in the cold. This is because your body is busy keeping its core temperature up.
As a consequence, your muscles will likely feel tighter.